The Zimbra Web Client (ZWC) is really a full-featured messaging and collaboration application that provides reliable, high-performance email, address books, calendaring, task lists, and Web document shredding capacities. The ZWC has two variants:
- Higher-level Web Client delivers the full set of Ajax-based Internet collaboration capabilities. The Internet client works together with browsers that are newer and online connections that are faster.
- Standard Web Customer is a fantastic option when online connections are slow and users want HTML-based messaging for the broadcasting of their own mailbox.
- The Principal ZWC elements are Email, Addressbook, Calendar, Tasks, Documents and Briefcase. User Preferences and Zimbra Assistant may also be strong ZWC options. Each component’s qualities are included from the following table.
Zimbra Component & Its Features
- Write and send messages that are new.
- Include attachments with your message.
- Forward email messages into one or more recipients.
- Track email addresses using the Conversation feature (to see a whole message thread once) or classic message view.
- Search email messages, attachments, and other ZWC areas.
- Produce your own personal folders to organize email.
- Produce tags to prepare your email, contacts, etc..
- Setup different account identities and speeches to manage unique roles in your project or personal lifestyle.
- Share your e-mail.
- Produce and manage multiple address books.
- Easily incorporate contacts from email messages you receive.
- Share your speech books.
- Produce and manage multiple calendars.
- Create appointments, meetings, and events.
- See attendee’s free/busy programs, show your free/busy program.
- Publish and export calendars.
- Discuss your own calendars.
- Produce numerous tasks lists.
- Create to-do tasks.
- Add attachments to your tasks.
- Manage a job, place the priority, and track down the progress.
- Discuss your task lists.
- Create documents with a RichText editor, add graphics, create connections to Internet pages.
- Upload almost any document to your own briefcase so you can access the document whenever you log on to ZWC.
- Create folders to organize files that you upload.
- Setup forwarding to another email accounts.
- Create notification messages, like a vacation message, and designate if to show them off.
- Choose another language to view a mailbox user-interface.
- Use different accounts identities (personas) and speeches to manage various functions in your work or personal life.
The Zimbra Web Client is designed to operate within an Online browser. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Macintosh Safari are three of the most popular. Follow these general guidelines when using the Zimbra Web Client within a browser:
The browser’s Back button goes to the previous page you were seeing. You might utilize the Forward button.
To log-off, click the Log Out button. If you surf to another site without logging out, your session may remain busy until it times out. If you share a laptop, other users can access your account as the session remains busy. By doing so, your session will be restarted.
Deleting emails in bulk from Zimbra Web-mail
It is easier to delete messages by looking for them by the sender, subject (Consider all those obsolete Facebook alarms ), or thus far.
Deleting small batches of messages
- Log in to HIS Zimbra Webmail (https://webmail.his.com).
- Click on the Mail Tab.
- Do an internet search:
As an Example to manually Discover the messages you Want to delete, like to delete all messages before Jan 1, 2018.
At the search box type” earlier:01/01/2018″.
- Select all the messages in the search outcome. By clicking on the uppermost checkbox at the top of the content list, you certainly can do that.
- Right-click and select “Delete”
Bulk Detele method
When there are 100s of messages from the search result it is easier to move the messages into folders and then delete the folders:
1) Login to HIS Zimbra Webmail (https://webmail.his.com).
2) In Zimbra Webmail, click the Mail Tab, also out of the folders list on the left, then select to create a new folder, for example, “old_mail”.
3) In Zimbra, perform a search to track down all messages prior to Jan 1, 2009: In the search box type before:01/01/2009 then click on Search.
4) Select all the messages from the search results.
5) Right-click and select”Move” and move them to the”old_mail” folder.
6) find the folder”old_mail” from the folders list, and click on and then select”Delete” to delete the folder and the messages that it contains.